Wednesday, May 19, 2010

What JUNK?

I was just wondering why some men feel so comfortable when surrounded by old lawn mowers, pressure washers, shop vacs, buckets, barrels and a host of other paraphenalia that help create that "Sanford & Son" look.




We have recently moved from a tiny house in town with a nice size two car garage that never saw a car to a large property of six and one half acres plus a huge barn in back. The plan of course is to let me take charge of the house and my husband gets the barn. Its a great arrangement in theory but I was hoping that he would use more of the inside of the barn. Of course it will take him awhile to sort out all he has transferred from the other place--the one where the only way to go was UP and I understand--but in the mean time can some of this stuff go behind the barn? There is tons of space and it certainly would make our lovely property so much lovelier.



We have talked about this many times or at least I have talked about it. Perhaps I am not aware of some male rating system where your score depends on how much debris can be seen from the road--or maybe its the idea that if junk is everywhere it gives the appearance that one is always working.



We are a foster home for any appliance that may have an ounce of pep left in it-- with some hours of labor and overhaul--and of course the reason that is given for having two or three or sometimes four of any one machine is "BACK UP".



We do recyle and my husband takes that to a new level as well for we have tin, aluminum, cast iron, and other non precious metals everywhere. I occasionally ask why these can't go behind the barn as well til they are taken to the area recycling/scrap metal spot. "Well"... he says, " I don't want to move things more than once". Ok so lets just move them once---out back since they are not destined to go to the scrap yard any time this year. But I talk to deaf ears---so no more talking. he's taking a nap right and it is trash night sooooo I need to move quickly if I want to whittle down some of this junk or maybe I will give up and bring my laundry and ironing out on the lawn--wait I can line up all our shoes on the front steps--Hey I think I'm on to something.

No comments:

Post a Comment